Trying to keep things light, bright and positive, but TBH I feel like I have nothing to say. Other than I absolutely love each item I’m wearing in these photos — this pink toile dress, this scalloped straw hat and these butterfly-inspired sunglasses — and feel very grateful to be able to wear them. It DOES help to get dressed. We shot these photos yesterday in the early evening and I love the light. It’s the first fashion shoot we’ve done in over a month (this was the last one). I’ve missed it. I’m starting to miss a lot of things. How about you?
CHECKING IN WITH YOU…HOW ARE YOU DOING, REALLY?
What are you missing? And what are you loving? What’s keeping you going?
I find it helps to have something to look forward to each day.
For instance, this week I had a zoom birthday call on Monday, another one on Tuesday, and then a cake that was supposed to arrive yesterday but came today (delayed gratification). I also had calls with family this week that helped a lot.
And I’ve certainly been indulging in some retail therapy lately. I like the idea of something arriving and how fun it is to open.
A few notes on what I’m wearing in these pics:
1. This Liza dress is by a small designer in Texas, Hunter Bell. I’m not sure if it’s technically a toile print, but it reads as toile to me. I love the shape and the fabric — and the removable rattan belt. I was able to wear it comfortably in 105-degree heat, which is saying a lot.
2. Hunter Bell also makes headbands in the same print. And I’m wearing this headband in the Palmer print. They’re nice and light and don’t cause a headache.
3. Can we talk about this scalloped hat? I wanted it the moment I laid eyes on it and have had it since we were in Austin. I adore it.
4. I also adore these sunglasses from Trina Turk’s 25th anniversary collection. I can’t believe it’s been 5 years since I had the honor of being in the Trina Turk 20th anniversary campaign. Mind boggling how much can change in 5 years. In so many ways. Anyway, they are SO comfortable. You know when glasses fit just right? These are those. Plus, I love the oversized shape without being TOO oversized and love the gradient colors and the arms.
5. This acrylic clutch is also part of the Trina Turk anniversary collection. I’ve been loving the marbled acrylic trend lately and linked a few more acrylic bags below.
THAT’S ALL SHE WROTE…LITERALLY
Okay, any Qs, let me know.
And I hope you’ll share with me what you’re missing, loving and looking forward to in the comments below xo.
PHOTOS by FRED MOSER
GET THE LOOK
Shop the new accessories collection I designed for Beth Ladd!read more
Here are the 16 Best Cyber Monday deals, sales and promo codes, including where to get The Samsung Frame TV for $500 off!read more
I'm obsessed with this TV that looks like art -- The Frame TV by Samsung! See why, plus where you can get it for $500 off!read more
Here’s what you need to re-create Rory Gilmore’s Chilton uniform for Halloween!read more
If you’d like to dress up as Holly Golightly for Halloween, I’ve got the scoop on where to get a Holly Golightly costume! It’s easy, really….read more