Lately, jalapeno poppers have become my most beloved (and consumed) food group. My sister-in-law first made these on a family trip to Tahoe a few years ago, but suddenly I’m popping them like M&Ms vitamins. They’re delicious, easy to make and better than any you’ll find in a restuarant or out of a box (eew). There’s no frying either, so they’re healthy too (okay, that might be a stretch). My fashion pal Kristen of Glitter ‘N Glue is coming over tonight for a sunset snack and I’ll be making these — again. She’s from Texas too, so it’s in her blood to like them (right?).
Behold, the Best Jalapeno Poppers recipe…
Best Jalapeno Poppers
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking tray with foil.
2. Combine 4 oz of cream cheese with 3-4 oz of grated cheddar cheese in a bowl (I just eyeball this and there’s nothing scientific about this process — just mash it around with a tablespoon!).
3. Clean and slice jalapenos lengthwise, keeping the stem attached (if you accidentally cut it off, don’t sweat it – you’re not Lorena Bobbitt). Scoop out the seeds and the insides. Pat dry.
4. Using a teaspoon, fill jalapenos halves with cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to ooze over and tops turn golden brown.
6. Remove, sprinkle a little salt if desired (I’m a salt fiend) and enjoy your new addiction.
Pairs excellently with Grapefruit Margaritas.
[Photos by FredBaby13]
La Vie Style House Palm Leaf Kimon...
Hooray, you can finally buy this La Vie Style House Palm Leaf caftan online! See how I styled the kimono version.read more
Best Vintage Style Luggage + a 15%...
Looking for the best vintage style luggage? I've found it! Plus, a promo code for 15% off!read more
10 Yellow Dresses That Add Sunshin...
Looking for cute yellow dresses? I've rounded up 10 yellow dresses for women that feel like sunshine and glamour, from caftans and robes to breezy dresses.read more
My Shopbop Sale Fashion & Dec...
Wondering what to buy at the Shopbop sale? Here are my Shopbop Sale Fashion & Decor Favorites and what I'm buying!read more
Sharing Friday Favorites, including the cutest dog sweater ever, caftans under $100, and the new Iris Apfel rug I'm buying!read more
Kelly, have you ever wrapped them with one piece of bacon before putting them in the oven… It adds on the calories but always gets rave reviews at parties. I don’t make them that often anymore because we think I might have given my husband salmonila?!? He loved them and about 6 years ago ate 10 or so on a July 4th eve. We ended up in the hospital and a few days later the news anchors were reporting that it was not the tomatoes that were the recent source of a salmonila outbreak, but the jalapeños. I have been bringing that recipe back slowly hoping he will soon forget because others always love.
Sorry to hear about your hubby! But the bacon does sound great. Will have to try that as the weather cools this fall. Thanks so much for the tip!