One of my summer goals was to cook more and I’ve actually been doing that…well, sometimes anyway. I’d love to share one of my favorite easy-peasy recipes with you. I’m dubbing it Pretty Pasta, but perhaps Greek Pasta would be more apropos, as this recipe combines some of my favorite and most often-used ingredients: mint, feta, tomatoes and olive oil. (See my Best Watermelon Salad recipe for virtually the same ingredients.)
Best of all, Pretty Pasta only takes 10 minutes to make, which makes it a go-to meal for lunch or dinner (it’s also just as good cold as it is hot). It’s also pretty enough and tasty enough to serve for a casual dinner party with friends.
Here’s the recipe for Pretty Pasta…
1 lb. angel hair pasta
1 pint grape tomatoes, rinsed
1 bunch fresh mint, rinsed and torn
4-6 oz. crumbled feta
Freshly ground pepper
1. Over low-medium heat, heat 1-2 TBSP olive oil in a pan and add tomatoes; cover and let steam/cook (being sure not to let tomatoes brown; you simply want to steam them).
2. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil and cook angel hair according to package directions (approx. 4 minutes).
3. Rinse cooked pasta under water and drain, then add pasta back to pot and toss with 1TBSP of olive oil.
4. Add steamed tomatoes and crumbled feta to pasta and toss. Add salt and pepper to taste.
5. Top with fresh mint and serve.
[Photos by Kelly Golightly]
Keep in touch!