Christmas is in just 16 days and Hanukkah kicks off in one week (how did that happen?). How about instead of freaking out, we chic out instead? Behold, 50 dazzling and delightful gifts for the stylish girl (or guy) on your list. Plus, I’m giving away one of my and my friend Oprah’s Favorite Things! Continue reading
I like my DIYS like I like my Jeopardy questions (ahem, answers): quick and simple. Here’s a quick and easy way to make your Christmas table festive: DIY mini rosemary wreaths. Continue reading
Clutch your pearls — or faux fur collars as the case may be — and get ready for the best shopping day of the year: CYBER MONDAY! I’ve traveled to the ends of the earth, clad in a little black dress (natch), to unearth the 10 BEST CYBER MONDAY CODES!
10 Best Cyber Monday Deals + What To Buy:
ASOS: 30% off with code ILOVEMONDAYS
Furbish Studio: 20% off orders of $75+ with code HOLLADAY
J. Crew: 30% off select full-price styles + 40% off sale & free shipping with code MONDAY
Kate Spade: 30% off with code CYBER30
NASTY GAL: Up to 50% off
SEE MORE DEALS –> Continue reading
Happy Friday! I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. If you are looking to take advantage of Black Friday Deals, I’ve rounded up the Best Black Friday Deals + Codes for fashionistas and design lovers, including my new favorite dress that I wore on an expedition to Mono Lake a few days ago. Happy shopping! Continue reading
Hosting Friendsgiving this year? In search of a little inspiration? I teamed up with friend and DIY expert Miss Kris to offer a few ideas for making it a Fabulous Friendsgiving! Can you guess what (or who) our inspiration was? Read on for the answer, plus DIY Thanksgiving tablescape ideas to die for, and an easy Thanksgiving cocktail that is sure to delight.
A fabulous Friendsgiving starts with a fabulous setting. But you don’t need to break the bank to be bold. Here’s how we did it:
1. You don’t need a huge space to play host. We transformed a small patio area outside of Miss Kris’ apartment building into our secret garden setting. Perhaps a public park will be your “backyard.”
2. Get crafty! Two sawhorses from the local hardware store paired with a closet door that Miss Kris unhinged for the occasion provided our table (really!). A swathe of fabric, with the edges left unhemmed, and we had our tablecloth.
3. Rent, rent, rent. We rented all of the show-stopping plates and glassware from Dish Wish, which I couldn’t recommend more. You can also scour your local thrift store or flea market, or even ask friends to bring their own place setting for an eclectic feel. We also rented chairs (for less than $2 each!) from a party supply store.
4. Pick a color palette and a theme. We went with black, white and gold. And channeled the Golden Girls for a cheeky theme.
5. Don’t be afraid to DIY! A simple spraypaint of gold onto small pumpkins and ears of corn will do the trick. We created namecards by folding kraft paper in half and writing names with a marker — Blanche, Rose, Dorothy, Sophia, Stan — and let guests guess who was who. (I was Rose, clearly.)
6. Serve a signature drink. We served Santa Margherita wine, which is delicious on its own, and also made a fun and frothy signature cocktail with prosecco. Recipe below…
FRIENDSGIVING FIZZ RECIPE: Simply add 1-2 scoops of orange sherbet to each champagne coupe, and then top with chilled Santa Margherita prosecco. Enjoy!
Dee-vine! Festive and frothy, and it couldn’t be easier.
Keep reading for more ideas + photos! Continue reading