What’s for dinner? It’s a constant question in our household and one that normally ends with takeout. In an attempt to cook more, I’m always on the hunt for ideas on what to make for dinner. You too? So when I spotted this recipe, I was sold. And then I remembered this recipe, too. I decided to combine them in a way that best worked for us. Be warned: This is a hearty dish, best served when craving comfort food.
Spaghetti With Gruyere, Bacon & Egg (serves 2)
– Add 1/2 lb. spaghetti & a pinch of salt to boiling water. Cook according to package directions.
– Fry 2 strips of bacon in a pan. Once crispy, remove from pan and place on paper towel. Tear cut bacon into bacon bits. Add bacon to pasta.
– Fry 2 eggs. Cover and set aside.
– Drain pasta, reserving a cup or two of pasta water. Return pasta to pot and add in grated gruyere while stirring (add some of the pasta water to help melt the cheese).
– Place pasta into individual serving bowls, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with coarse sea salt and pepper to taste, and top with egg. Add a few slices of shaved gruyere, if you’re so inclined.