How was your weekend? We had a fun day trip to the coast on Saturday and then on Sunday spent most of the day in bed. I had a fever and was wiped out, so was craving something homey for dinner. Chef Fred Baby to the rescue with this delicious gluten-free dairy-free Cauliflower Potato Soup! Here’s the quick & easy recipe — it only took 15 minutes!
Be a part of our colorful community! Sign up for sunshine in your inbox here:
DAIRY-FREE GLUTEN-FREE CAULIFLOWER POTATO SOUP
Cook time: 10 minutes
Total time: 15 minutes
Makes: 4 servings
1 head cauliflower
4 med red potatoes (or potatoes of your choice)
1 – 28 oz. bottle almond milk (we used Red Barn)
1/2 cup olive oil
1 tbsp salt
1 – 10 oz. package bacon (optional; we use Pederson’s)
6-8 fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Chop + rinse cauliflower; microwave until tender, about 6-8 minutes.
- At the same time, peel potatoes, cut into large-bite size chunks, then rinse. Boil in a med-large pot until tender, about 8 minutes.
- If you’ll be adding bacon, cook bacon at the same time.
- To blender, add: cooked potatoes + cauliflower, 1/2 cup olive oil, 28 ounces almond milk, 1 tbsp sea salt. Blend until smooth. (Alternatively, you could also use an immersion blender.)
- Return blended mixture to pot to warm back up. Once warm, then serve in bowls or mugs. Add bacon crumbles and fresh bail to top + enjoy!
It’s SO good! As Fred Baby put it, it’s basically mashed potato soup.
Do you have any quick + easy recipes to share? I’m all ears!
Note: This is probably even better if you roast the cauliflower, rather than microwaving it. If we’re patient enough to do that in the future, I’ll let you know. 😉
Sign up for our VIP list here to be the first to hear updates:
Keep in touch!