Lately, jalapeno poppers have become my most beloved (and consumed) food group. My sister-in-law first made these on a family trip to Tahoe a few years ago, but suddenly I’m popping them like M&Ms vitamins. They’re delicious, easy to make and better than any you’ll find in a restuarant or out of a box (eew). There’s no frying either, so they’re healthy too (okay, that might be a stretch). My fashion pal Kristen of Glitter ‘N Glue is coming over tonight for a sunset snack and I’ll be making these — again. She’s from Texas too, so it’s in her blood to like them (right?).
Behold, the Best Jalapeno Poppers recipe…
Best Jalapeno Poppers
1. Preheat oven to 425. Line a baking tray with foil.
2. Combine 4 oz of cream cheese with 3-4 oz of grated cheddar cheese in a bowl (I just eyeball this and there’s nothing scientific about this process — just mash it around with a tablespoon!).
3. Clean and slice jalapenos lengthwise, keeping the stem attached (if you accidentally cut it off, don’t sweat it – you’re not Lorena Bobbitt). Scoop out the seeds and the insides. Pat dry.
4. Using a teaspoon, fill jalapenos halves with cheese mixture.
5. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese starts to ooze over and tops turn golden brown.
6. Remove, sprinkle a little salt if desired (I’m a salt fiend) and enjoy your new addiction.
Pairs excellently with Grapefruit Margaritas.
[Photos by FredBaby13]